WORK WITH US
LEARNING LAB GROUP LEADER PATERSON, NJ
CAMP YDP Learning Lab Group Leader (Part Time)
C.A.M.P. YDP believes that demographics do not determine destiny! We educate and equip children to become lifelong learners, critical thinkers and productive members of society.
Reports to : Program Coordinator (Manager)
Here’s where you come in:
In the role of a CAMP YDP Program Coordinator, you are directly responsible for providing supervision and a safe social and emotional space to youth in our Community Center
A Group Leader works with participants to develop a positive community culture and ensure our goals are being acknowledged in our programs. Group Leaders are expected to cultivate meaningful relationships and be positive role models for our future leaders.
Specifically you will:
● Actively engage during activities with participants.
● Provide homework assistance during homework time.
● Supervise during snack time and enforce Zero Impact.
● Supervise activities to ensure physical and emotional safety.
● Provide hands on assistance when Instructors are leading their lesson.
● Lead recreational group games and rallies or create lesson plans for academic activities. ● Attend mandatory scheduled meetings and professional development trainings.
Perform other related duties and responsibilities as requested by the Site Director.
● GED or High School Diploma. College credits preferred.
● At least one year of experience working in school age programs.
● At least one summer of experience working in day camps.
● Strong skills in communication, punctuality, and teamwork
If you're a good fit for this position, you already know most of what this job entails.
However, to be sure we're providing a complete picture, here are some details:
● You will be successful if you possess strong stage presence, public speaking skills and active listening skills
● Love kids and have a sense of humor
● The strongest candidate will have the demonstrated ability to maintain professional relationships with external clients and represent the organization’s brand in a professional manner
To apply please include :
● A cover letter/resume describing your interest in CAMP YDP and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
● If we think you’re the right fit, we’ll request your references; there’s no need to include them at the outset.
Other things you need to know:
● You must have outstanding communication skills-in addition to maintaining an open line of communication, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette and the ability to facilitate small and large group presentations.
Max Hours: 30 per week
Days: 5 per week, Monday – Friday (8am-3pm)
Compensation: $13 - 15 per hour